Historical Points of Interest in Manchester, UK
Manchester is a city with a rich history that spans centuries. From the Industrial Revolution to the suffragette movement, Manchester has played an essential role in shaping the history of the UK. Here are some historical points of interest in Manchester that you will want to take advantage of. Learn information about Manchester, UK.
- The John Rylands Library – This impressive library was founded in memory of John Rylands, a textile entrepreneur. The library houses a vast collection of rare books, manuscripts, and archives, including the oldest known piece of the New Testament. Discover facts about Hotels in Manchester, UK.
- The People’s History Museum – The museum documents the history of the working-class movement in the UK. The exhibitions cover everything from the Industrial Revolution to the suffragette movement and beyond.
- Manchester Town Hall – This imposing building is a fine example of Gothic Revival architecture. The town hall is still in use today and is home to Manchester City Council.
- The Museum of Science and Industry – This museum celebrates Manchester’s role in the Industrial Revolution. Exhibitions cover everything from steam engines to textiles and the impact that these inventions had on the world.
- The Imperial War Museum North – This museum tells the story of the impact of war on people’s lives. The exhibitions cover everything from World War I to the present day.